Volunteer Orientations/ information sessions take place on the third Tuesday of each month at 3:00 pm. Those who are interested in attending either the Volunteer Orientation are encouraged to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 604.687.2468.
Our Volunteer Membership Program offers access to our facility and programs in exchange for volunteering with us. It also offers a wide range of opportunities for learning at all levels, including communication skills, exhibition coordination, learning about non-profit organization management, professional development skills for artists and arts administration skills. Volunteer Members and Collective Members find that through their experience with Gallery Gachet, they have an opportunity to increase their knowledge on many levels, transferring their new-found skills to other areas of their lives.
Examples of some volunteer opportunities include:
– Gallery Hosting (this is central to our volunteer program)
– Preparation of the gallery space, exhibitions and assistance with gallery openings
– Administrative support, assistance with publications and communications initiatives
– attend workshops free of charge
– receive newsletters with information about exhibitions, workshops and other events
– are entitled to access our gallery and computer stations during open hours
– are provided with access to supervised open studio times
– have the opportunity to join a committee and participate in the work of the Studio,
Communications, Publications, New Media and Programming Committees
Please visit the Collective Members section of our website for more information on becoming a Collective Member of Gallery Gachet.